The Life of John and Emily

Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome Back

Last time I blogged Summer was just beginning, John wasn't a practicing physician just yet, I was 100% jobless, oh and I had a tan. My how things have changed : ). I know this Summer I have really slacked on my blogging (and picture taking), but as of now I plan on being more prompt with my posting(s). Let me catch you up a little bit...

1. John is now a first year intern and loving every minute of it (well most minutes). He loves the people in his program and gets to work with some really great doctors. One of the most exciting things about his year so far is the opportunity he has been given to be a team doctor to a local high school football team. He and two other guys from his program cover an awesome team who is actually really good this year. The games are a lot of fun even for me because I get to stand on the sidelines with him. Although this sounds kind of gross to me, last week he got to pop a player's shoulder back in place.....apparently this is something very cool to do. With all his busyness this year he has still managed to pickup a new hobby: cooking. He made jumbylya the other night which was really good, however probably the best thing he made were these chocolate chip cookies. I mean they were so good I had to take pictures...

2. I now have a job! I am a full time nanny to two precious children named Ben and Naia. Ben is 5 years old and is a kindergartner this year, and his little sister Naia is 17 months old. Their parents are so kind and great people to work for! I'll try to post some pictures soon of the kids.

Overall both of us have been very blessed to have such a great transition to Winston-Salem and are excited about our year ahead of us : )

No comments:

Post a Comment