The Life of John and Emily

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

McAbee Family Tubing Trip

During the 2nd weekend of July this year my entire family went to NC to go tubing down the Green River. A lot of words come to mind when I think of my family, however outdoorsy is NOT one of them, so I really didn't know what to expect. It ended up being one of the most fun things we have ever done together! I think my favorite part was watching my Dad because while most of us were enjoying a relaxing trip down the river, he some how kept flipping off of his tube and was just trying his best not to drown during the 2 mile float. It was quite the show to watch. Here are some pictures pre and post tubing since we couldn't bring our camera along with us for obvious reasons.

Everyone and their Tubes at the Beginning

After our adventure we went and ate at this AWESOME BBQ place in Saluda, NC. We just so happened to be there during the town's famous Coon Festival so there was live music and lots of people hanging out at the restaurant. I'm really not sure what pose I was going for below, but at least it's a cute picture of the sign.

Overall, it was one of the best group activities my family has ever done. I really hope we do this again someday. I would do everything the exact same, well except for maybe put a life jacket on some (really just one) of us : )







No comments:

Post a Comment