The Life of John and Emily

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Settling In

After all the unpacking and unloading we are finally settling in to our little house on the corner. On Saturday night we went to the neighborhood block party where we met a lot of nice people. There were about 40 or so families there, and the majority were either young couples with little children or elderly people. Everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly so it was a lot of fun. There was even a band! However since I am in no position to scare potential friends away I didn't break out my dancing skills just yet. I did make my Mom's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake though, and that seemed to be a big hit since there was none left over to bring home.
The past couple of days we have just tried to get our house fixed like we like it. It has been a lot of fun and almost kind of like a second honeymoon in a way. We've never really had time like this where we were both off of work and had nothing to do but whatever we wanted. We're trying to not take it for granted either because come July the party is over. John starts his intern year July 1st, and from what I hear he's not going to be around much. Good thing we brought Jackson with us : ).

Here are some pictures of what we have done to the house so far:


Patriotic John made sure we had our flag up for Memorial Day


The Living Room

This is right beside the backdoor in the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Emmy your house is precious!! I can't wait to come see it!! Did I mention that your the best! I'm so excited about August 2nd!!!

    ReplyDelete